Was not saved thanks to Phillys corrupt politics
The Boyd Theatre, downtown Philadelphia’s only art deco movie palace, opened on Christmas day in 1928 (the same day as the RKO Keith’s Theater in Queens, NY). Located in Philadelphia’s Center City neighborhood, the 2,450 seat theater was commissioned by Alexander Boyd and built by Hoffman-Henon, a Philadelphia architecture firm also known for the construction of the nearby Prince Music Theatre. One of the companies commissioned for the Boyd’s interior decoration was the Rambusch Company, who later decorated the Loew’s Kings Theatre.
View original post 274 more words